Monta Vista, Cupertino
What makes a neighborhood “in-demand?” Proximity to quality schools is one factor, but so is convenient shopping, quick commutes to work and plenty of leisure time activities.
Monta Vista, in Cupertino, offers all this and more. We invite you to read on to learn more about one of Cupertino’s most in-demand communities.
Schools in Monta Vista
Cupertino Union and Fremont Union High School Districts serve Monta Vista’s public school students. According to home address, students are assigned to the following schools:
- Abraham Lincoln Elementary School – Serving 720 students in grades Kindergarten through 5, Abraham Lincoln Elementary sits in the 42nd spot of all public elementary schools in the state.
- Stevens Creek Elementary School – Serves nearly 600 students in grades Kindergarten through 5. Stevens Creek Elementary is ranked 184th of 5,621 public elementary schools in the state.
- William Regnart Elementary School – A high-performing school, Regnart Elementary is ranked 12th of California’s public elementary schools and serves more than 535 students in grades Kindergarten through 5.
- John F. Kennedy Middle School – One of California’s highest-ranked middle schools (number 5 of 2,472 public middle schools), Kennedy serves more than 1,450 students in grades 6 through 8.
- Monta Vista High School – More than 2,350 students attend the highly sought-after Monta Vista High. This school ranks 8th of California’s 2,044 public high schools. Newsweek named Monta Vista High among the top 100 public high schools in the United States.
Monta Vista shopping, dining and recreation
Shopping and dining opportunities abound in and around Monta Vista. From Whole Foods and Marina Foods for your grocery needs to Target and other large retailers, residents need not travel far to accomplish their errand-running.
Outdoor amenities are even more plentiful in Monta Vista. Home to a portion of the Fremont Older Open Space Preserve, residents have access to nearly 740 acres of open space, featuring nearly 15 miles of trails for hiking, horseback riding and bicycling.
The 1,063-acre Stevens Creek County Park is quite popular with residents for its multi-use trails and fishing and boating in the reservoir.
Golfers in the area appreciate their close proximity to Deep Cliff Golf Course, an 18-hole, par 60 executive track designed by Clark Glasson. The facility also offers lessons, tournaments, and leagues.
Adjacent to the golf course you’ll find the member-owned Cupertino Hills Swim and Racquet Club. The 3-acre facility offers six tennis courts, a large pool, a shallow training pool, picnic areas and volleyball.
Homes in Monta Vista
Monta Vista is Cupertino’s first housing tract, developed in the 1940s, so naturally, you’ll find many vintage homes for sale. There is also a selection of newer homes, constructed after tear-downs of older, unimproved residences.
Homes here range in size from 1,400 to more than 2,500 square feet of living space but you will find larger, custom homes, most especially in the Inspiration Heights area. These homes sit hillside, with views of the entire valley.
You’ll find Monta Vista south of Stevens Creek Blvd. and north of Prospect Rd., between Highway 85 and Permanente Rd.