About Mission San Jose
Mission San Jose, Fremont
Once home to a large number of 49ers (no, not football players, but gold miners), Mission San Jose is a district in Fremont. Surrounded by Mission Ridge, many homes have views of Mission Peak, part of the City of Fremont’s emblem. If you’re seeking a home for sale in Alameda County and crave scenery, good schools, and a snappy commute, consider buying a home in Mission San Jose in Fremont.
Mission San Jose Schools
- Joshua Chadbourne Elementary School – A highly-ranked elementary school, Chadbourne serves 833 students in grades Kindergarten through 6. The school is ranked 43 of California’s 5,621 public elementary schools. Students here consistently rank better than more than 99 percent of all public elementary schools in the state.
- Mission San Jose Elementary School – Serves nearly 625 students in grades Kindergarten through 6. Mission San Jose is ranked even higher than Chadbourne — 15 of all public elementary schools in California. In fact, since 2008, Mission San Jose has ranked better than 99.8 percent of all public elementary schools in the state.
- Mission Valley Elementary School – serves 845 students in grades Kindergarten through 6. This school ranks 56 of California’s 5,621 public elementary schools.
- Sunol Glen Elementary School – Administered by the Sunol Glen Unified School District, Sunol Glen Elementary serves 278 students in grades Kindergarten through 8.
- William Hopkins Junior High School – Ranks 10th of 2,472 California public middle schools. The 990 students in grades 7 and 8 have increased their standardized test scores every year since 2011.
- Mission San Jose High School – This is the school most Fremont parents clamor after. Ranked 11th of all of California’s public high schools, students here show a clear readiness to move out into the world. The school boasts of an Advanced Placement® participation rate of 91 percent and U.S. News ranks Mission San Jose as the 76th best high school in the country, awarding it a gold medal.
Private schools in the area include Alsion Montessori Middle / High School, for grades 7 through 12.
Mission San Jose is also home to Ohlone College, offering a variety of Associate Degrees, with credits eligible for transfer to four-year colleges. These include associate in science or arts and certificates in various disciplines.
Queen of the Holy Rosary College is located north of Ohlone College and offers a two-year degree in the Dominican tradition, specifically an associate degree in religious studies.
Shopping, dining, and recreation in Mission San Jose
Mission San Jose is primarily a residential/college area so there aren’t a lot of dining options here. You will find a nice sushi eatery, coffee shop and fast food along Mission.
Area residents have a number of options for errand-running. Mission San Jose shopping center is a quick stop to drop items at the dry cleaners or to stop in at the post office. Plaza Los Olivos offers a dentist, fitness center, salon, insurance agency and other services.
When you feel like shooting some hoops, Old Mission Park is the place to go. Rarely do those courts stand empty and you’ll likely find a pick-up game to join. Residents also use the park for the playgrounds, paths and picnic areas.
The cultural center of Fremont and south Alameda County can be found right here in Mission San Jose, at the Gary Soren Smith Center for the Fine and Performing Arts. Located at Ohlone College, the center offers theatre and dance performances, music concerts and art galleries.
Homes in Mission San Jose
The housing stock in Mission San Jose is primarily made up of medium- and large-sized detached, single-family homes and townhouses, 84 percent of which are owner-occupied. Most of the homes here were built between 1970 and 1999 but you will find a smattering of older homes.
Rarely will you find a home priced less than $2 million in Mission San Jose, but occasionally condos priced in the $900,000s come on the market.
Real estate markets are fluid and prices change frequently. If you’re interested in keeping up-to-date on home prices and homes for sale in Mission San Jose, please contact us. We’re happy to help.
You’ll find Mission San Jose in Fremont east of the 680/Mission Blvd. and west of Alameda County’s unincorporated area. The southern border is roughly Mission Blvd. at Pine St.